General Information & Rules
PLEASE NOTE: THE INFORMATION BELOW IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BEFORE THE 2020 COMPETITION PDF Downloads Click the links below for the official Billfish Tournament Information sheets (PDF files)Tournament Ethics
- To encourage the sport of gamefishing with a spirit of true sportsmanship in an atmosphere of fun and good camaraderie.
- To encourage the eithic of tag and release fishing for sustainable use of the fisheries.
- $280 for each angler
- $125 for each junior angler
- $185 for each crew member
- Single class line only – 10kg, however, fish that are 6kg and over, gilled and gutted, will be eligible for weigh in.
- Participants must belong to a gamefishing club or sportfishing club that is affiliated with the Gamefishing Association of Australia.
- Teams shall consist of no fewer than two (2) or more than four (4) anglers.
- There is no limit on boat size. There are some prizes for which boats under 7.5m are ineligible.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to amend the trophy list without notification.